Stove causes narrowboat fire

Published: Wednesday, 12 April 2017

A NEW narrowboat moored at British Waterways Marinas Ltd Glasson Dock caught fire, with the owner calling the fire brigade.

The fire people discovered that its wood burning stove had been installed incorrectly, and the heat from the stove had ignited plasterboard that should not have been there, Alan Tilbury reports.

Make sure installed correctly

The fire fighters were able to douse the flames before they had spread to the rest of the boat, and warn boaters to make sure their stoves were installed correctly and were safe.

The burnt material was removed and the boat checked that the fire had not spread.